If you are interested to learn more about water safety and how to look after your child whilst they are out on the water, get in touch as we can offer pre-arranged sessions to teach you the basics.
What will the course cover?
- How to make paddle boarding as safe as you can
- Main elements of risk, including weather, wind, sun, visibility
- Tide & sea conditions
- Suitable location
- Met office info and tide tables
- The role of the RNLI
- Safety equipment
- The board itself – size, inflation, condition
- Paddle – how to check & set correct height
- Leash – different types, correct fitment
- Buoyancy Aid – CE mark, rating, fitment, etc.
- Wetsuit or not
- What to do if you need help/get lost/drift off.